From time to time we organize a free educational conference call series on search, taxonomy or content managment. Next month, we’ll be running our Search Series.
Register at http://www.earley.com/Searchjumpstart2008.asp
Search is complex:
There are lots of tools and techniques that can be applied to solving the challenges surrounding the “findability” of information. Some people think you just put up a search box and that’s it, but in reality effective search is much a more complex issue. Effective search strategies leverage metadata and taxonomies and include a variety of tools integrated as search applications and search systems.
- The value of effective search – making the business case
- Issues and challenges in deploying enterprise search solutions
- The nuts & bolts – understanding and evaluating search tools
- Issues in implementing search and building search applications
- Tuning for improved precision and recall of search results
- Evaluating search infrastructure
- Integrating with taxonomies, tagging systems, etc.
- Faceted search and guided navigation
- Complex federated search
- Natural language queries and semantic search
- Future developments in search
Each session is sponsored by a vendor who will present a 5 minute ‘commercial’ about their offering. In this way we separate educational content from commercial content.
Lou Rosenfeld, Rosenfeld Media
Rennie Walker, Wells Fargo
Chris Modzelewski, ChartSearch
Mike Ferguson, Intelligent Business Strategies
Ted Sullivan, Raritan Technologies
Theresa Regli, CMS Watch